Center for Writing
The mission of Cheshire Academy’s Center for Writing is to cultivate confident writers who enjoy writing as an integral aspect of their everyday life. We believe confidence is generated in an atmosphere of collaboration where emphasis is placed on the writing process. The Center is available, for free, to all members of the community in every phase of their writing including: idea generation, organization, development, and editing. We focus on supporting writers in all genres including research, academic, creative, and informal texts.
Center for Writing Goals
- Offer writing support in the center and the classroom
- Provide targeted workshops
- Partner with all academic departments to facilitate department writing initiatives
- Develop and sustain Writing Fellows Program
- Create writing groups for students and faculty
- Inform community of publishing opportunities
- Inspire writing through author talks, writing retreats, and mentoring
Center for Writing Values
- Process before product
Visiting Author Series
Through the generous donation of Michael and Loretta Kahn, Cheshire Academy is able to bring notable authors to campus each year. Here is a look at some of Cheshire Academy’s more recent visiting authors.
Please contact Allison Bass-Riccio, chair of the English Department, with any questions regarding the Center for Writing.