Rizzolo-Larson Venture Grant
The annual Rizzolo-Larson Venture Grant offers up to $5,000 in funding to benefit Cheshire Academy students as they carry out innovative projects of high merit that are unique, exciting and demonstrate “outside the box” classroom learning. Students must write proposals and apply to the Venture Grant committee. Financial support is awarded to select students in order to enhance their educational experiences beyond the boundaries of the Academy. Recipients must work on their projects during the summer months and present their experiences in the fall through an all-school presentation and lecture to student groups and department seminars.
Venture Grants were created to provide opportunities for enrichment outside of the confines of existing curricula and yet within the educational philosophy of Cheshire Academy. The Venture Grant Advisory Committee helps students carry out innovative projects of high merit which benefit the individual applicant and the Cheshire Academy community.
To apply please read the application instructions and regulations carefully. Please submit your application online and your supporting materials to Mr. James Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include:
1. A 250-500 word typewritten description of your intended project including:
- The relationship to your academic program and/or general educational interests
- What personal growth you hope to gain from participating in this experience
- How you intend to share your experience with the Cheshire Academy community in the Fall
2. A detailed budget showing how the requested funds will be used. You should prepare an itemized list that includes expenditures for:
- Registration fees
3. The name of one current faculty member who has agreed to serve as your advisor in this project.